Working in partnership with Lifetime Arts, the Wyoming Arts Council will offer free training to individuals associated with non-profit arts organizations who are interested in developing their skills in leading creative aging programming and working with elder adults. Lifetime Arts is a national arts service organization that offers a positive, modern, artistic and social lens through which to serve, inspire and engage America’s growing population of older adults. They are considered the national leader in creative aging training.
The training will be provided virtually, via Zoom, by Lifetime Arts on September 13, 14, and 15, 2021 from 9-11am MT. Twenty five (25) individuals representing twenty five (25) different arts organizations from across the state will be chosen to participate.
Thanks to the generous support of the National Assembly of State Arts Agencies, participating organizations will be eligible to apply for seed funding to host two creative aging programs over the following year in their organizations. 13 grants will be dispersed.
Participants will be selected based on demonstrating through their application that:
1. They are associated with a Wyoming-based non-profit arts organization either as an employee, volunteer, board member or otherwise
2. The organization in which they are associated has a demonstrated interest and dedication to working with elder adults
3. They are the best representative of their organization to participate in this training
4. They are able to attend the training in full
In order to qualify for consideration, you must:
1. Be 18 years or older at the time of application
2. Be a Wyoming resident
3. Not have participated in the teaching artist training held in March 2021. Additional representatives from your organization are still be eligible to apply.